Fascial Distortion Model
How Does the Fascial Distortion Model Work?
As an example, one of the distortions is called Triggerband (TB). This is the most common type of distortion; it describes a twisting or wrinkling of connective tissue. The patient will typically be experiencing a burning or pulling sensation. By watching the patient describe their pain, if they suffer from this type of distortion the patient will move their hand in a sweeping motion over damaged tissue. Their body movement tells the practitioner what the issue is, where it the body it exists, and how to best treat it for rapid recovery.
Focus Areas of the Fascial Distortion ModelBased on our body language and movement, a trained FDM practitioner can categorize your issues into six different distortion areas. By listening and watching a patient, the chiropractor can provide a diagnosis and treatment specific to the patient’s description of pain or lack of mobility. The six distortions are:
- Triggerband (TB): A twisting or wrinkling of connective tissue.
- Folding Distortion (FD): A three-dimensional alteration of a fascial plane.
- Continuum Distortion (CD): A ligament or tendon transitioning to bone (Sprain)
- Herniated Trigger Point (HTP): A fascial knots that have pushed through overlying tissue.
- Cylinder Distortion (CyD): A web of tangled connective tissue (Muscle Spasm).
- Tectonic Fixation (TF): A stiffness or tightness in a joint limiting movement due to fascial surfaces that cannot to glide freely (Frozen Shoulder).
Treatment through the Fascial Distortion ModelUsing this method, the practitioner is locating patient’s pain generators and providing various treatment methods to repair them. Because of this, treatment can be uncomfortable as deep pressure is often applied. Fortunately, though it may be uncomfortable, the benefits a patient experiences often outweigh this discomfort. If you are undergoing treatment and it is too painful, let your practitioner know right away. Treatment can be adjusted so it is both effective and tolerable.
Why Accelerate Chiropractic?At Accelerate Chiropractic, we are able to effectively diagnose, educate you on the issue, and successfully treat the underlying cause of your pain by using the Fascial Distortion Model. We are dedicated to eliminating your pain and restoring your mobility for improved quality of life.
Dr. Dave Yancey and Dr. Erika Yancey understand the conditions that cause pain, and they are passionate about your care. Learn about our experience and contact us today to schedule your personalized consultation. It’s time to reclaim the freedom that comes with mobility and comfort through Accelerate Chiropractic’s care.